St. Mary's Anglican Church, North Melbourne
The brief was to reinstate decorative paintwork on the chancel wall inside the church. From a very small amount of historical information and photographic evidence, the ‘Magnificat’ and ‘Holy Holy Holy’ banners were applied between 1868 and 1889, but were painted over in the 1960s.
The original design was beautiful and classic, and with the help of quite a lot of 23 karat gold leaf and one very high scaffold, we re-created a wonderful homage to the church's history.
Assisting Artist: Karen Trott